Ayahuasca Retreat in Iquitos, Peru
The use and study of Ayahuasca and the traditional shamanic healing methods of the Amazon basin is growing at an incredible rate, perhaps because of the growing sense of dissatisfaction that is prevalent in Western societies, and Iquitos in Peru is the destination of choice for thousands of these spiritual seekers every year.
Dreamglade Shamanic Healing Centre and Ayahuasca Retreat was founded by Stacy Stephen Povey. He has spent over 15 years living and working in Peru, working extensively with Ayahuasca and many of the local shamanic traditions and medicinal plants. In the summer of 2023, Wade Bucher and Clarissa Gutierrez purchased the healing center and are passionate about providing the same levels of excellence regarding the personalised care and the healing work that Dreamglade has always been renowned for.
Dreamglade is a beautiful, lake-side Shamanic healing centre and Ayahuasca retreat right in the heart of the Peruvian Amazonian rainforest.
Our mission is to continue to develop this truly exquisite jungle hideaway and eventually self-sustaining rainforest community on 20 hectares of land just 15km outside the jungle city of Iquitos, Peru.
The ancient Amazonian Shamanic traditions and Ayahuasca in particular, can help us to rediscover ourselves, help us to see the beauty and magic all around us once more and reconnect us with the Divine Spirit that is present in every leaf, every smile and in each one of Us.
The truth is we don’t need to ‘get anywhere’…. there is no place ‘we need to go’.
A spacious, complex design on five levels, incorporates several comfortable indoor and outdoor areas to relax or just kick-back and read a good book. The entire house is run on 100% solar power and is the absolute pinnacle of jungle architecture.
Dreamglade has taken the ayahuasca retreat model to a whole new level.
- To help our guests do serious and sincere work on themselves.
- To provide safe, supportive Ayahuasca ceremonies, using experienced native ‘Curanderos‘ (shamanic healers).
- To limit the number of participants to a maximum of 10 for each Ayahuasca ceremony.
- To use only the highest quality Ayahuasca, cooked exclusively with Chacruna and Huambisa and without any dangerous additives.
- To offer our guests the opportunity to “diet” with one or more of the local medicinal plants or trees under the supervision of our resident Curanderos.
- To provide grounded, empathetic counselling for all of our guests to help them better understand the process they are going through.
- Adherence to the authentic Ayahuasca diet.
- To use only local materials in the construction and to be as creative as possible in the design of all the structures, to ensure the entire centre blends in and complements the surrounding jungle.
- To incorporate other powerful healing methods into the centre such as yoga, sweat lodge, massage, Kambo and breath work.
- To keep the fees as reasonable as possible whilst offering much needed support to the local communities.
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding Ayahuasca and/or our Ayahuasca Retreat facilities.